We are rapidly expanding the engineering team at Twitch to deal with challenging scale problem of being the 4th biggest consumer of bandwidth and one of the largest social gaming experiences in the world. Here’s a short list of current scale:
-Serve more than 150 million unique visitors per month
-More than 2 million peak concurrent users
-16 billion minutes of video watched each month and growing
-10 billion messages sent on chat per day and growing
-Serving 5 million+ requests per second on the edge and growing
-Anticipated scale year-over-year = 2.5x
-Current Engineering Team Size: ~100 People
Our technical stack is vast and our hardware deployments are far reaching to all corners of the globe. We leverage Go and Ruby throughout our stack. We utilize PostgreSQL and many NoSQL variants such as DynamoDB, Cassandra, Redis and ElasticSearch. Our scale and speed of our growth forces us to experiment with techniques and technologies.
We are looking for the next set of engineering tech leaders to help grow Twitch to the next level. We need strong senior tech leaders that are comfortable working cross-functionally and not be afraid to touch many portions of our code-base to ensure that Twitch services can scale and be robust. We are moving to an SOA world and we need people comfortable with balancing product innovation with building out robust systems.
- Design, build, and maintain scalable and robust services
- Lead wide product or technical initiatives working with multiple engineering and product groups
- Level-up the organization around you through better code reviews and engineering best practices
- Participate in design and architecture sessions with other senior technical leads
- A degree in Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience.
- Extensive development experience as a software engineer working on building large scalable systems using SOA/microservices
- 5+ years of development experience as a software engineer working on customer-facing systems
- Full stack-experience and a solid understanding of how to debug problems from UI down to systems
- Good understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing and associated trade-offs
- Experience developing APIs and SDKs a plus
- Passion about video games are a big plus
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at: http://twitch.tv
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.