Senior Product Manager - VOD
Since our launch in 2011, Twitch has helped broadcasters share their gaming experiences and turn their passions into careers. Today we have millions of broadcasters creating content, building following, and engaging with their fans.
As a senior product manager for the VOD team, you will be responsible for revenue and discovery product areas of our VOD platform. You will design new, as well as integrate existing, revenue and discovery feature sets in exciting ways for the betterment of the product and content creators. You will align with overall business and product strategy for VOD and collaborate with key stakeholders to help in exceeding product goals.
An ideal candidate will have 4 to 6 years of actual software product management experience and 6+ years of software experience. You are a product and business leader who obsesses over customer needs and values. You have good judgement, set clear goals, and ship products into new markets.
This role belongs to the Discover & Watch team, who is dedicated to the successes of Twitch broadcasters and viewers. Examples of what the team has worked on include: Twitch video player, Chat Replay, Clips, and the new Search.
- Grok Twitch’s customers inside out - their needs, intentions, and motivations.
- Understand the market landscape, the forces that make up its direction, and formulate our approach that lets us win in the marketplace.
- Develop measures of success for the product and business, and a strategy to achieve and exceed.
- Document your vision and execution plan with a clear narrative and rationale that attains buy-in from all stakeholders.
- Conduct tests and experiments to validate or invalidate your assumptions and hypothesis.
- Be accountable for your successes and failures.
- Technical or deep quantitative background
- P&L responsibility and strong business acumen
- Experience as a Product Manager for a consumer-facing product
- Experience with measuring data and experimenting to make decisions
- Eagerness to dive into details, find creative solutions and take responsibility for your projects
- Great communication skills and a strong desire to learn and master pursuits
- Respect for and desire to achieve exemplary user experience
- MBA or technical management consulting experience
- Experience with working SQL or other development languages
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top