Senior Product Manager - Foundation Engineering / SOA
- Define and build products to support Twitch’s SOA approach to building services and features.
- Lead the development of engineer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis.
- Define creative, world-class product road map based on team strategy and vision.
- Develop detailed business requirements that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among consumer experience, performance, and operational support load.
- Create buy-in for the product vision within the team and with engineering teams across Twitch.
- Collaborate with engineering and data science teams to deliver on the vision.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- Product Manager or analogous experience on a consumer-scale web application.
- Past Tech Lead, Engineering Manager, or Software Architect experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5+ years of equivalent experience creating and delivering a technology product.
- Understanding the pros and cons of monolithic vs. SOA design.
- You’re curious about whether you’re right, seeking objective and subjective input to inform your product choices.
- You care a lot about creating products that delight users, diving into details, finding creative solutions, and taking responsibility for your projects.
- We write and text chat a lot.
- Good writing skills are important, as is the ability to line up the impact of your communication with your intention.
- Your products are constantly progressing amid a barrage of new data and alternative scenarios.
- You’ve worked with Agile or Lean Startup methodologies, and have a nuanced belief in their efficacy that’s grounded in your experience.
- You work with integrity, earning the respect of both engineers and non-technical contributors.
- A sense of humor always helps.
- We abide by the “no asshole” rule.
- Previous experience working with SOA methodology.
- Previous experience working with Site Reliability Engineering or Service Reliability Engineering teams.
- CS background.
Meet Some of Twitch's Employees
Daniel discovers techniques that influence every aspect of product planning and market prediction, from consumer need to company cost and ultimate value, all through data science research.
Back to top