Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment, and our web client engineering team is preparing to scale to execute on critical product initiatives like video uploads & customized thumbnails, the HTML5 player, and social interaction features like whispers.
We’re looking for engineers that love delighting people with incredible products and user experiences. On the Commerce team, you’ll work closely with our other engineering and product teams to craft a beautiful and engaging product, collect feedback, and iterate quickly. We value expertise in programming for the Web (including an understanding of modern JS tooling and cross-browser compatibility issues) and sensibilities for design and UX.
You’ll write a lot of code, but you’ll also mentor engineers around you and do whatever needs to be done for the team and product initiative to succeed.
- You’ll brainstorm with designers, product managers to design new features
- You’ll work with back-end engineers to specify the APIs that will power these features
- You’ll implement experiments and collect data with our data scientists to drive subsequent iterations on these features
- You’ll identify and uphold front-end engineering best practices
- You’ll help our support team triage bugs, respond to user feedback, and fix production issues
- You’ll participate in code and design reviews, teaching and learning from other engineers
- You’ll have opinions about the user experience and contribute to the design of the solutions we ultimately build.
- You’ll feel responsible for the quality of the features you ship.
- You’ll push code to production several times a day if necessary.
- You have demonstrated past experience working on user interfaces and an eye for detail.
- You have strong CS fundamentals and value rigor in engineering.
- Level up the organization around you through code reviews and engineering best practices
- Experience building consumer-facing web applications
- Experience with modern browser technologies and cross-browser compatibility issues
- Strong sensibilities for UX and design
- You are equally excited to build a minimum viable product quickly as you are cementing a proven feature in maintainable and tested code.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- You thrive in loosely structured environments.
- You are intellectually curious, passionate, inventive, and eager to grow.
- You focus on quality, sweat the details, and delight our users.
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent academic background
- Experience designing consumer-facing web sites or applications
- Experience using React and/or Ember
- Avid user of Twitch or passion for video games
- Ruby on Rails or Java Web Frameworks
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more athttp://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top