Senior Fullstack Engineer / Tech Lead - Developer Experience Team
Extensions revolutionizes the ways viewers engage with live video, enabling direct interaction between viewers, games, and external services. With Extensions, the Twitch community can interact in ways that were never thought possible - from heat maps and real-time game data overlays to mini-games, music requests, and leaderboards. We are supporting our developers to create a diverse offering of apps which will unlock new ways to experience gaming and digital entertainment.
We are seeking a strong technical leader in San Francisco or Seattle to help guide us as we set out to create an awesome array of new Extensions features. This is an individual contributor role and candidates should have strong back end experience and at least some experience with front end. You’ll have the opportunity to guide architecture decisions, contribute code directly, weigh in on product design, mentor other engineers, and build software for the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with over 100 million visitors per month. Not only that, you’ll get to work on an exciting road map, and to help build the products and tools that enable both developers and broadcasters to achieve their goals.
- Brainstorm with designers and product managers to design new features
- Specify, implement, and maintain the services that will power these features
- Implement experiments and collect data with our data scientists to drive subsequent iterations on these features
- Identify and uphold engineering best practices
- Help our support team triage bugs, respond to user feedback, and fix production issues
- Share your opinion about the user experience and help improve it
- Level up the organization around you through code reviews, promoting engineering best practices, and mentoring other engineers
- Own the quality of the features you ship
- Push code to production several times a day if necessary
- 4+ years of hands-on experience building full stack web applications
- Mature understanding of every aspect of SDLC: requirements, design, coding, unit and integration testing, deployment, support, deprecation
- Architectural and design experience in building, deploying and operating services at scale with well defined interfaces and data modelling.
- Strong CS fundamentals and value rigor in engineering
- Experience shipping consumer-facing web applications
- Demonstrated past experience working on user interfaces and an eye for detail
- You are equally excited to build a minimum viable product quickly as you are cementing a proven feature in maintainable and tested code.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- You thrive in loosely structured environments
- You take feedback well, and have a growth mindset
- You focus on quality, sweat the details, and delight our users
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent academic background
- Experience working with Golang
- eCommerce Platform Experience
- Experience with modern browser technologies and cross-browser compatibility issues
- Familiarity with Twitch and/or video games
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top