Twitch Extensions power the connections between millions of broadcasters and users. You will be an engineering leader within a motivated and energised cross-functional product team, helping to craft the platform that allows developers to build Extensions. The Extensions team needs a senior DevOps engineer, who is able to channel their years of experience in building automated CI/CD pipelines, managing the lifecycle of software infrastructure, crafting scalable and maintainable technology solutions, and driving a shared vision forward with the team.
Joining our team will give you endless opportunities to use your passion, ingenuity, experience, and pragmatism to build very cool software that affects millions of Twitch users and developers, directly impacting the evolution of the core Twitch product and technologies behind it. When you start here, you will find yourself in an environment that's exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun. You will work with every member of the team, from your backend leader counterparts and eager frontend engineers to PMs and designers. Most importantly, your ideas will be included in the products we ship and in the technologies and processes we choose.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for and history of building, delivering, and supporting high quality, scalable web services that are developer focused, and the ability to cultivate and empowering the engineering teams behind them.
- Work as a member of a highly functioning agile product development team
- Craft and maintain a quality build/deploy pipeline
- Drive the vision for building, deploying, supporting services
- Empower the development team by streamlining processes (using automation where appropriate)
- Ensure that leveraged software infrastructure is managed
- Enable the development of product features
- Support and empower the development team to accelerate the release of new and exciting features
- Practical experience working with different CI/CD servers: Jenkins, Spinnaker, Bamboo, TeamCity, GoCD
- Inside out knowledge of AWS and its plethora of services
- Practical experience working with different configuration management, orchestration, and provisioning tools and frameworks: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, etc.
- A track record of evolving production infrastructure
- Experience supporting a live production service with millions of concurrent users
- You have written in Golang before
- Production environments with millions of concurrent users are your bread and butter
- Testing is ingrained in your psyche
- You take a pragmatic approach to work
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.