Senior Data Scientist - Content
- Keep your eye on the horizon — develop and execute on a roadmap that addresses the major questions your area faces.
- Be an owner, not an advisor — if you don’t believe in the vision of the teams you work with, work hard to change it into something you think will succeed.
- See it through — don’t stop at delivering a report or a model, use your work to influence and create durable change in how leaders at Twitch think about problems.
- Solve problems durably — design processes, tools, and programs that solve entire categories of problems without you or your team’s direct intervention.
- Manage your own process — make sure you and those around you are doing work that is important, opinionated, timely, and impactful.
- Set the research vision in your area.
- Raise the bar for research quality and impact in your area.
- Do your own high quality work on important, ambiguous problems.
- Develop the skills of data staff around you through mentorship and training
- Professional experience as a data science leader, setting the vision for how to most effectively use data in your organization. This could be through technical leadership as an IC with ownership over a research agenda, or developing a team as a personnel manager in a new area at a larger company.
- Evidence you’ve successfully been able to scope, deliver and sell your own research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills on quantitative topics for a variety of audiences: product managers, designers, engineers, and business leaders.
- Fluent in data fundamentals: SQL, data manipulation using a procedural language, statistics, experimentation, and modeling
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Meet Some of Twitch's Employees
Daniel discovers techniques that influence every aspect of product planning and market prediction, from consumer need to company cost and ultimate value, all through data science research.
Back to top