Senior Business Development Manager or Director of Business Development
Twitch’s Business Development team is the conduit for all external engagements with Twitch’s strategic partners. We are currently building a team of highly skilled business development professionals to work with the game development community on an exciting new initiative that will help define the future of Twitch.
You'll be responsible for identifying and prioritizing strategic game companies, engaging those partners, and then negotiate and execute long-term arrangements with them. You will have to coordinate complex projects across multiple internal teams, create value for Twitch’s multiple business units and our partners, and represent Twitch and this new initiative to a broad swath of the game development community.
The ideal candidate for this role will have significant experience in evaluating and framing opportunities, defining value and goals, understanding long term strategies, negotiating agreements, and managing high level relationships. The candidate should have experience working cross-functionally across product, engineering, marketing, legal, finance, and executive teams.
- Identify, prioritize, and execute against opportunities that align with Twitch’s strategic goals
- Understand project objectives, formulate actionable strategies and recommendations, and communicate effectively to relevant stakeholders
- Lead deal investigations, define value, and negotiate and execute contracts; will interface closely with legal, product and finance teams to ensure successful execution and long-term success of partnerships
- Identify early market trends and synthesize observations into actionable plans for Twitch
- Maintain games and content industry expertise by staying up-to-date with industry trends
- Work closely with Twitch’s technical product teams to ensure that game companies understand and integrate Twitch’s portfolio of technical products
- Work alongside the partnerships/community teams to educate game companies about the importance of Twitch broadcasters and community development for their games
- Create and mediate co-marketing opportunities as it pertains to game content partnership
- 5-7+ years of business development, corp dev, operations and/or production experience at a gaming or technology company
- Prior legal, finance, banking, or consulting experience servicing gaming and/or media clients
- Well versed with software/gaming development (actual coding not required), tech integration and/or data
- Passion for gaming as well as the business of gaming, content, and media
- Strong knowledge of Twitch
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
- Existing professional relationships with game publishers and developers
- Experience with P&L, gaming, and media business models
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Travel for conferences, tradeshows, events
- Basic software skills: CRM, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote or similar programs
- Technical savviness with technology or partner integrations (experience with SDKs or APIs)
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- Corporate gym membership
- Flexible time off policy
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top