You will be a part of a dynamic and growing legal team working on varied legal issues across the entire company. You will primarily be responsible for advising the product team on legal/regulatory compliance, privacy, data security, consumer protection and advertising issues in connection with Twitch’s products.
Leveraging good judgment and a strong business sense, you will assist the product, engineering, business development, advertising and other teams to develop thoughtful strategies towards product development while assessing and mitigating legal risk.
- Advise on a range of compliance issues, regulations and industry standards with a focus on privacy, data security, consumer protection, and intellectual property
- Review products, features and initiatives to provide advice consistent with Twitch’s legal compliance obligations in multiple jurisdictions
- Support product and advertising operations teams while balancing user and policy considerations
- Coordinate with cross-functional stakeholders, including Product, Engineering, Business Development, Advertising, Marketing, and Policy teams
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry standards, consumer protection, and high-tech laws
- Collaborate with legal team members to ensure business needs are met and to improve processes
- 8-10 years of relevant legal experience at a leading law-firm, government agency, or in-house experience at a technology company
- Demonstrated experience advising clients in the development of internet, mobile, video or gaming products
- Substantial experience in US and international laws, standards and best practices governing media, content, privacy, data protection, marketing, and intellectual property
- A solid understanding of general product, business development and policy
- JD and excellent academic credentials
- California Bar admission in good standing (or Registered In-House Counsel status with California State Bar)
- Relevant technical degree or high level of comfort with technology preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and collegial attitude, a collaborative team player who likes to work with others to get the job done
- Knowledge and understanding of Twitch
- Experience in a product Counsel role is strongly preferred
- CIPP certification preferred
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top