Senior Product Manager - Commerce
As a Senior Product Manager for Twitch Commerce, you will define, execute, and deliver a product road map that adds great value to Twitch’s viewers, broadcasters, and participating game developers. You will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the group and you will develop and look after product road maps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring features to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Twitch. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
We’d like your help leading one of Twitch’s signature initiatives for 2016. You will define product features by articulating theories and user stories, developing and shipping a minimum viable product, measuring outcomes, and iterating on learnings.
- Lead the development of the broadcaster-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Define creative, high quality, simple product road maps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Collaborate gracefully with design, engineering, and data science teams internally and externally to deliver on the vision
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Product Manager or analogous experience on a consumer-scale web application
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5+ years of equivalent experience creating and delivering a technology product
- You’re curious about whether you’re right, seeking objective and subjective input to inform your product choices
- You care a lot about creating products that delight users, diving into details, finding creative solutions and taking responsibility for your projects
- You’ve worked across time zones and corporate firewalls, and can navigate boundaries fluidly to keep your team moving
- When you’re wrong, you want to know why, always learning and growing
- We write and text chat a lot. Good writing skills are important, as is the ability to line up the impact of your communication with your intention.
- Your products are constantly progressing amidst a barrage of new data and alternative scenarios
- You’ve worked with Agile or Lean Startup methodologies, and have a nuanced belief in their efficacy that’s grounded in your experience
- You work with integrity, earning the respect of both engineers and non-technical contributors
- A sense of humor always helps
- We abide by the “no asshole” rule.
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Previous experience building commerce, conversion or transaction-related solutions
- CS background
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top