Twitch delivers over 6 billion hours of video per year today. We have one of the largest live video distribution networks in the world and a VOD delivery platform. At Twitch we are working on building a platform to usher in the next few billions of hours of video to be delivered. We believe video delivery is in its infancy and as we look to the horizon, we want to expand our video offerings to customers and partners beyond Twitch. Our ultimate goal is take our video platform offering and offer a cloud based service in AWS.
As the lead principal product manager, you will be responsible for rethinking the assumptions on how current video platform products are built and sold. You will be the point person in helping define the market segments that our V1 product needs to address. You will define a billing model that makes sense for our customers. You will also need to work closely with engineering to deliver on important technical projects such as low-latency video and a dynamic real-time reservation systems for video bandwidth. This role will require working closely with business and technical executives throughout AWS and Twitch to drive alignment.
This position is a rare opportunity within Twitch and AWS to help define the next generation of video platforms. An ideal candidate will bring both deep technical and PM leadership expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, ability to define deep understanding of our customer markets, ability to hire and lead a team and the strong desire to bring clarity to ambiguity.
We believe video services as a whole in AWS are just getting started. This is an amazing opportunity to get in on a the ground floor within an existing and strong video business.
- Define the business plan and market segment for our video platform offering
- Drive alignment with AWS and Twitch business and technical leadership through both verbal and written communication
- Work closely with engineering to spec the right technical features for a V1 product
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent technical experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience, 3+ years of which must be in technical position
- Demonstrated examples of shipping software at scale
- Financial Analysis skills
- C- Level communication skills, both written and oral/presentation
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and get things done
- Have worked on SDK’s or API for frameworks
- Have shipped enterprise cloud products before
- Industry knowledge of video standards
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.