Principal Engineer - Extensions
- Work effectively with other groups at Twitch and Amazon in order to deliver an Extensions platform that supports external developers, content creators, and viewers.
- Gain industry recognition and credibility as a technology evangelist for the platform including performing as a panelist and keynote speaker at conferences and press events.
- Lead in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services in support of the developer ecosystem.
- Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent, including other Principal Engineers.
- Assist in the career development of technical colleagues, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, security, scalability, architecture, and best practices.
- Leverage knowledge of internal, and industry prior art, in design decisions.
- Effectively research and benchmark Twitch technology against other competing systems in the industry.
- Contribute intellectual property through patents.
- BS or higher in CS with a minimum of 15-20 years of relevant, broad engineering experience required.
- Proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality systems and software products.
- Deep hands-on technical experience in either building complex distributed systems or in designing platforms.
- Experience leading development cycle processes and best practices.
- Experience in video games, interactive media, live streaming, or social media.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Meet Some of Twitch's Employees
Manager, Partnerships Development
Anele works directly with signed broadcast partners to ensure that they are continually satisfied with the platform and how it's performing, to further their brands and increase their viewership.
Back to top