Mobile Software Engineer - Ads and Promotions
We are the Twitch engineering team building out the advertising and promotion products. Our core mission; enable creators to earn a living on Twitch through advertising and influence. We develop different advertising products and services that generate shared revenue as well as promotion systems and programs to help creators grow their communities.
Twitch is seeking engineers with the curiosity, drive and ingenuity to develop advertising and promotions features for the Android platform. They will work closely with our API and service engineers to design and deliver features that give creators the control and data they need to get promoted and help Twitch distribute advertising. Our products range from industry standard advertising formats to innovative real-time experiences special to Twitch. They will also be expected to work in a collaborative environment, able to interact with internal tech and business teams, external integration partners, and end users.
This is a great opportunity to have impact on your favorite creators at one of the fastest growing tech and entertainment products in the world.
- Develop and deliver new product features for our Android or iOS application
- Improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
- Work across both technical and business focused teams to deliver value to our creators
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science
- 2+ years of application development experience on iOS or Android platforms
- Experience with the iOS or Android ecosystem with strong proficiency in Java, Kotlin, Swift or Objective-C
- Ability to communicate complicated technical problems to both technical and business audiences
- Experience with mobile video playback through MediaPlayer and ExoPlayer
- Familiarity with video compression and streaming technologies
- Familiarity or experience working with GraphQL APIs
- Experience building or integrating a Data Management Platform
- Knowledge of VAST/VPAID standards
- Experience integrating with an ad platform or SDK: Amazon Ad Exchange, Google IMA/GMA SDK, DoubleClick API
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top