Lead Software Engineer - Data
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment, and data is critical to every decision we make. The Science Engineering team is looking for a senior developer to help us meet all the diverse data needs within Twitch and to scale with those needs. Our team develops and operates the real-time behavioral data pipeline, which collects, processes, and distributes data to other teams. We provide data to systems and decision making throughout the company, and we have a constantly growing list of data consumers. The core pipeline is open source -- check out our code at github.com/twitchscience
As a lead, you would be as a senior developer on the team, a mentor to other engineers, and have technical ownership of projects and systems.
- Architect and develop new capabilities on top of our data pipeline.
- Extend the existing pipeline, improving its reliability, flexibility, and scalability.
- Work with the team to set a technical vision for our data systems.
- Mentor other members of the team, developing their skills and understanding.
- 4+ years of software development experience, with at least one year as a lead.
- You are comfortable in several programming languages and excited about building new features in Go and Python.
- You should care about software design and have built systems that other people love to use and work with.
- You have experience building and scaling distributed, highly-available systems.
- You build systems through design, experimentation, and measurement.
- You have strong opinions, loosely held, about technology and processes
- You’ve worked on big-data (multi-TB) engineering problems.
- You’ve worked with Amazon Web Services.
- Notable contributions to open source software projects. Send us a link to the work you are most proud of!
- Good communication, organization, and project management skills.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top