We are looking for a Lead Moderator to join our Moderation team in San Francisco, CA. The Lead Moderator will be essential to the continued success, effectiveness, and job-satisfaction of our team of moderators as the Twitch platform grows across new products, content, and communities. The primary goal for the Lead Moderator is to maintain a team atmosphere that is inclusive, diverse in talent, always cooperative, and one that promotes the building of individual skills and personal success.
- Manage our team of Admin moderators, who moderate all user-generated content and user activity on Twitch.
- Manage scheduling for all Admin moderators to maintain 24/7/365 site-wide moderation.
- Recruit and onboard contractor moderators.
- Implement our community moderation policies while coordinating with the Head of Moderation and other stakeholders across the company to maintain its effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain our volunteer Global Mod program to ensure it’s continued success at recruiting talented members from the Twitch community.
- Develop reports to summarize activity in the community, provide meaningful analysis, and demonstrate progress against goals.
- Regularly provide insights gained from the community moderation team to Head of Moderation.
- BA/BS degree OR equivalent work experience
- 3+ years in community moderation
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of direct reports
- Experienced with remote collaboration and team management
- Proficient understanding of Twitch’s Terms of Service, Rules of Conduct, and DMCA Guidelines as they apply to the Twitch community
- Working experience of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- Ability to handle stress
- Proficient with MS Office, Google Docs, or equivalent
- Experience as a broadcaster or community leader on Twitch
- Team player with passion for optimizing collaboration and team building
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal
- Strong in organizational and multitasking skills
- Expert at team management via remote communication
- Expert at community management
- Passion in maintaining detailed knowledge bases, such as a wikis
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
Back to top