Data Science Manager
The Science team is central to data-driven decision-making at Twitch. We think of Emmett, the CEO, as Twitch’s original data scientist. Check out his thoughts on our team. Read more about our team’s recent projects at here.
We figure out the right questions to ask about our product, how to efficiently answer them, and make recommendations about what should happen next. We explore how specific product features are performing and help guide product teams in promising directions. We also have significant autonomy to design and conduct research projects about how the Twitch community and product work and help the company think about the big picture. Data Science Managers are expected to play a major role in both technical leadership and in team building.
- Work with product leaders to design efficient experiments that help us decide what to build and whether what we built is working.
- Design statistical models that help us see into the future and predict the impact of product decisions.
- Communicate your results to diverse audiences at Twitch with effective writing, visualizations, and presentations.
- Be a champion for high quality data-driven decision-making on your team and throughout the company.
- Manage the process of your team: help team members identify and execute on high impact projects, triage external requests, and make sure you bring projects to conclusion in time for the results to be useful.
- Be a technical leader and mentor for your team; help those around you do great work on high leverage projects.
- Three or more years of experience in a Data Science role including hiring/retaining top tier research staff and technical leadership.
- Experience working with event-based product usage data, ideally as a Data Scientist at a web/mobile product company.
- Strong technical data skills including experience with a SQL dialect and experience building tools and automation to clean, transform, merge, and visualize data in a procedural language
- You can teach us something new! We love to hire people who are way more knowledgeable than us in some area and can be good teachers and mentors.
- You already know a lot about online communities, games, or Twitch.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at: http://twitch.tv
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Back to top