How do we take millions of content creators, connect them with tens of millions of viewers, on a platform that is second to none? It starts with welcoming everyone but choosing only the best. It's the willingness to experiment to decide, and about commitment, not compliance. These are just a few of the driving principles behind the Twitch IT organization.
Twitch has an immediate opening for an IT Support Engineer in our San Francisco office. The IT Support Engineer serves as IT Support for Twitch business units and corporate offices within the San Francisco area.
The IT Support engineer will provide hands-on support for client hardware and software on Windows, Mac, and Linux systems. They also support networking and local server resources for their site.
Regular activities include PC imaging and repair, network troubleshooting, project management, mentor-ship of junior technicians, systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments, telecom administration, and hardware procurement.
The IT Support Engineer must have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. They must possess superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills, and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. Additionally they must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability. Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy required. Proven ability to operate in high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities, and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
- A history of resolving complex support issues that may not be well documented, and apply your knowledge to writing and improving support procedures
- Demonstrated ability in leading or playing key roles in large cross-functional projects and delivering those projects on time and within guidelines
- Ability to perform advanced system administration activities and are a subject expert in at least one area of technology
- A history of assigning work to more junior technicians
- The ability to evaluate new technology; deploy and maintain new services
- The ability to analyze competing projects, assess technical risk, and communicate impact to the business
- Have a strong understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Adaptability in learning and deploying new technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or IT related field
- Industry training such as Microsoft MCSE, MCITP, etc.
- Experience with Cisco IOS (CLI) or Cisco certification
- Advanced Linux systems administration skills / certification
- Ability to manage high priority projects
- Experience with scripting, programming, or SQL
- Have hands on experience with MDF/IDF Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance
- Project Management Certification (CAPM, PMP)
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at: http://twitch.tv
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.