How do we take millions of content creators, connect them with tens of millions of viewers, on a platform that is second to none? It starts with welcoming everyone but choosing only the best. It's the willingness to experiment to decide, and about commitment, not compliance. These are just a few of the driving principles behind the Twitch IT organization.
Twitch has an immediate opening for an IT Procurement Specialist in our San Francisco office. The IT Procurement Specialist serves as a procurement agent for Twitch IT Services & Customer Success. The IT Procurement Specialist will be responsible for working with Twitch IT to define & implement standards and best practices for procurement, logistics and inventory management in the Twitch environment.
Regular activities include inventory management across multiple sites, coordination and planning with IT leads, vendor pricing review and negotiations, regular procurement and inventory reporting to management, placing orders and ensuring delivery for IT hardware & software, working with local IT to determine import restrictions per region, and other logistical related activities.
The IT Procurement Specialist must have a working understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new tactics to provide streamlined delivery timelines at the lowest cost possible. They must possess superior attention to detail, written and oral communications skills, and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. Additionally, they must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability. Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy required, as well as proven ability to operate in high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities, and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
- A history of resolving complex procurement & inventory related issues that may not be well documented, and being able to apply your knowledge to writing and improving supply procedures
- Demonstrated ability in leading or playing key roles in large cross-functional projects and delivering those projects on time and within guidelines
- Ability to develop systems and processes where none yet exist
- A history of collaborating with management to achieve the desired outcome
- The ability to evaluate new products and refine existing procurement templates to ensure freshness
- The ability to analyze competing projects, assess risk, and communicate impact to management
- Adaptability and proven communication success with Finance & IT teams
- Experience in procurement across multiple hardware & software systems
- Experience in developing relationships among vendors, including contract & pricing negotiations
- Ability to manage procurement for multiple sites in multiple regions
- Experience with International shipping & procurement nuances
- Ability to manage high priority projects escalated by management
- Proven ability to create & deliver relevant procurement & inventory reports to management on a regular cadence
- Experience in managing requests via ticketing systems & service level agreements for response times
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at: http://twitch.tv
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.