Information Security Engineer
Twitch is looking for a focused Security Engineer with deep technical skills and problem solving abilities to take on a leadership role in addressing security issues across the organization. We are looking for an individual who has the passion for engineering novel solutions to complex security challenges, recognize gaps in capabilities and fill them in an exceeding capacity, as well as the ability to quickly design and build internal-facing tools that enable scaled programmatic automation.
- Proactively identify security flaws and vulnerabilities, and can think both like an attacker and defender.
- Evaluate the impact to the organization of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research. Coordinate responses as necessary across affected teams to do the right thing for our customers and our organization.
- Conduct sophisticated security reviews - from high level web application architecture to OS level parameters in order to meet security goals.
- Recognize, adopt and instill the best practices in security engineering fields throughout the organization: development, cryptography, network security, security operations, incident response, security intelligence.
- Exercise risk-based judgment, and to push teams to make the right security decisions and priorities.
- Design and coordinate cohesive responses to security events that involve multiple teams across the organization.
- Fulfill periodic on-call responsibilities.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or 5+ years’ equivalent technology experience.
- 5 years’ demonstrated experience with focus in areas such as systems, network, and/or application security.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of web protocols and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture.
- Demonstrated software development proficiency (C/C++, Python, Perl, Java, etc.)
- Comprehension of algorithms and processes for programmatic automation via scripting or programming languages (Python, Ruby, shell, perl, etc.).
- Well-rounded background in host, network and application security
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic environment.
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business
- MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or 8+ years’ equivalent technology experience.
- Previous experience on a Security team, or experience. coordinating responses to security incidents.
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills.
- Extensive knowledge of internet security issues and threat landscape
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top