Frontend Engineer - Discover & Watch
Twitch has over 100 million users, and the Discover and Watch team is responsible for helping them connect with content they love on both live and recorded video. We’re building a number of features to make Twitch the most compelling destination for gaming video this year. Recently, we launched Clips and our HTML5 Video Player, and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for engineers that love delighting people with incredible products and user experiences. On the Frontend team, you’ll work closely with our other engineering and product teams to craft a beautiful and engaging product, collect feedback, and iterate quickly. We value expertise in programming for the Web (including an understanding of modern JS tooling and cross-browser compatibility issues) and sensibilities for design and UX.
A TYPICAL WEEK
- Brainstorm with designers and product managers to design new features
- Work with backend engineers to specify the APIs that will power these features
- Implement experiments and collect data with our data scientists to drive subsequent iterations on these features
- Identify and uphold frontend engineering best practices
- Help our support team triage bugs, respond to user feedback, and fix production issues
- Participate in code and design reviews, teaching and learning from other engineers
- 2+ years of experience building consumer-facing web applications
- Experience building consumer-facing web applications
- Experience with modern browser technologies and cross-browser compatibility issues
- Strong sensibilities for UX and design
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent academic background
- Hands on experience building services using Amazon Web Services
- Avid user of Twitch or passion for video games
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top