Executive Creative Director
As Executive Creative Director, you are a visionary creative leader that brings design and copy expertise, inspiration and thought leadership to all design disciplines. You should think strategically and conceptually about brand experience. You are responsible for performing, overseeing and the function of marketing creative development across online, merchandise, experiential, brand and digital marketing campaigns. Your reach will span developing and overseeing the visual branding of Twitch across every touch-point for creators, viewers, advertisers and developers including but not limited to: our website, print materials, digital campaigns, videos, training materials, merchandise, experiences including TwitchCon. The successful candidate will provide a holistic vision for Twitch’s branding, bringing a consistent, irresistible look and feel across all platforms, with the creative ability to transform fresh ideas into actionable and modern concepts. You will work collaboratively across product, content and marketing teams across a variety of media while also managing and growing your team. This person is a seasoned Creative Director who works collaboratively, and thinks conceptually and strategically about campaigns, branding and design.
- Provide inspirational creative leadership to merch, events, content, design and video teams in a hands-on/executional way.
- Design leadership across mediums and provide daily design direction on numerous projects interacting with all designers and video producers.
- Create an aesthetic that raises the quality bar while consistently delivering on brand strategy and message.
- Develop a brand style guide with the help of creative agency partners, then ensure that all creative executions adhere to the style guide and meet or exceed your quality bar.
- Lead internal design team & agency partners to develop high quality creatives for on-line/offline gaming advertising.
- Identify design services gaps and find outsourced solutions to fill those gaps.
- Lead in the creation of best-in-class user experiences.
- Proven mentoring, supervisory, and team-building skills.
- Act as a recognized and active resource on design issues for the company by continually blazing a trail of creativity and innovation.
- Protect integrity of design and brand image through graphic design and strong collaboration with Marketing team leads.
- Promote a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation, rational risk-taking and tradeoffs.
- Resolve complex design issues with innovation and practical solutions.
- 10+ years of proven success as an art/creative director, with at least 3 years of agency experience.B.S. / B.A.
- Strong, proven leadership skills and highly developed interpersonal skills to lead and manage a team.
- Energetic and infectious leadership in a fast paced environment. Interacts well with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Passion for content creation specific for new media, video content, social content and paid advertising campaigns.
- Enjoys storyboarding and video treatment research.
- Strong web design experience, marketing collateral, catalogue with proven conceptual and design abilities
- Print production experience on consumer catalogs and other marketing collateral.
- Experience concepting and managing model and product photo shoots on tight deadlines.
- Web-design experience with an understanding of HTML/CSS/Flash, understanding of UX/UI.
- Engages in all content, and is able to present design vision and philosophy.
- Fluency in and appreciation of the steps involved in content creation, including TV production, CG, video editing, web streaming, social media and digital advertising.
- Familiar with mobile gaming related advertising, include but not limited to Appstore creatives/Facebook Creatives/Youtube pre-roll creatives/TVC/etc.
- Superior in typography and design sense.
- Ability to think clearly and contribute to editorial discussions and strategy during the entire design process, from concept through completion.
- Fluent working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, sketch, Invision, Keynote
- Experience working in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Detail oriented, and able to juggle multiple tasks and conflicting deadlines at once.
- Phenomenal brand development to delight customers
- On time and on budget delivery of all major design, marketing projects
- Retention and job satisfaction of team members
- Must have experience in building an in-house creative team
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the shared interactions of millions. At any given moment, more than a million people come together from all over the globe to interact around this distinct form of live entertainment. From streaming, watching, chatting, and cheering about video games and esports to many other interests including traditional sports, anime, sci-fi, wrestling, music, cooking, the creative arts, and more, there’s something for everyone on Twitch.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top