Twitch is looking for a seasoned event director to drive the strategy and execution of TwitchCon, our annual convention with over 20,000 attendees. TwitchCon is a celebration of our community and partners, and is produced with the support of internal business units including Partnerships, Programming, Sales, and Developer Relations. We are seeking a leader with demonstrated experience building large-scale, complex branded conventions and the ability to balance multiple stakeholders with disparate goals.
The TwitchCon Event Director is responsible for managing the many pieces of a major trade show, including but not limited to operations, content, marketing, sales fulfillment and special events. The Event Director will manage external vendors and contractors. This role will also work closely with marketing colleagues including members of the PR, Product Marketing, Creative Services, Social Media teams.
- Manage and oversee execution of TwitchCon
- Own the project plan and project schedule
- Manage P&L with accurate business forecasting and managing to budget for the entire event
- Support the Head of Events in building the long-term vision and plan for TwitchCon
- Balance stakeholder needs while maintaining brand and business objectives.
- Define success metrics with multiple stakeholders across business units at Twitch
- Work closely with other marketing disciplines including PR, Community, Product Marketing, Brand Design, and Creative Services
- Manage the development of each content area (keynote and general sessions, panels, in conjunction with the programming team
- Work with the sales organization to ensure they are well informed, well versed in the value proposition of TwitchCon, have the right supporting sales materials and strategy to maximize the sponsor opportunities
- Ensure the sales team is accurately forecasting and tracking to exceed goal
- Work with marketing team to develop effective campaigns, maintain brand value and effectively reach the alumni and new audiences to ensure growth year to year
- Special Events - work to ensure brand values from concept inception through execution
- Focus on innovation, develop programs and activations to surprise and delight the community at each event
- 6+ years experience producing full-scale trade shows, including expo, conference, keynote, and special event production.
- Minimum of five years of experience managing teams - encouraging both personal and professional growth
- Proven success navigating complex work environments, leveraging matrixed resources, services and platforms
- Well traveled, culturally sensitive, and able to balance human factors with professional expectations
- Position is based in San Francisco
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
Back to top