Esports Program Manager, Magic: The Gathering
Twitch Esports is tasked with a single mission: make esports better.
The Esports Program Management team at Twitch is leading the business, strategy, and execution of high profile initiatives aimed at growing esports. We believe if you love esports, you should have the opportunity to turn your passion into a career. We need tenacious, self-managed professionals who want to help us shape the future of esports.
As the Esports Program Manager, Magic: The Gathering, you will work closely with Wizards of the Coast, Magic: The Gathering tournament operators, and players to grow Magic: The Gathering’s organized play community on Twitch. You will own the entirety of Twitch’s Magic: The Gathering esports program, including budgeting, marketing and promotional activities, broadcast talent development, production support and advisement, quality control, creative guidance, and commercial strategy. You will deploy our organized play budget to help aspiring events and tournaments provide better experiences for players and viewers. You will ensure players have a meaningful voice in the organized play ecosystem, and identify rising stars for our Partner program.
- At least three years of project management experience on large-scale product launches, events, or esports leagues. Your ability to coordinate with internal and external stakeholders will help us deliver amazing products.
- Training on existing project management and communication tools, and the desire to make sure what you’re using is the best tool for the job.
- A strong sense of project ownership and the commitment to go the extra mile. It’s the little details that separate good from great.
- The interpersonal skills required to navigate a multiple-stakeholder environment as part of a cross-functional team. You know how to get buy-in from all levels.
- A proven track record of creating and improving processes. You don’t just inhabit a role; you make it better.
- Unshakable integrity. You will have access to proprietary information and must always put the community before yourself.
- The forethought to thoughtfully escalate problem areas in advance. You aren’t afraid to ask for help early, and we won’t penalize you for raising concerns.
- A wealth of clever ideas to remove or work around project blockers. You believe process is important, but not at the expense of results.
- An active Twitch presence as a broadcaster, moderator, chatter, or lurker. We’re partial to folks who genuinely love our product.
- A native grasp of esports culture and lingo. We strive to build authentic experiences for our discerning customers.
- A network of esports and general gaming connections. Some of our best ideas come from our friends. We’d love for you to bring some to the party.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Corporate gym membership
- Flexible time off policy
- Opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top-of-the-line technology to help you build your own workspace
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and twice a week hearty breakfasts)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Commuter Benefits
- Weekly happy hours
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top