Esports Product Manager
Twitch Esports is an independent business unit within Twitch - a “startup within a startup” (within a huge company) - tasked with a single mission: make esports better.
We are a team of community thought leaders and experienced industry professionals. We are resourceful, dedicated, humble, and relentlessly curious. We believe whether you love esports as a player, team owner, analyst, host, caster, reporter, tournament organizer, event operator, sponsor, or game developer, you should have the opportunity to turn your passion into a career. We are unbound by the constraints of a traditional esports company, and we need tenacious, self-managed executors who want to help us shape the future of esports.
As the Esports Product Manager, you will manage our esports web development initiatives. You will build product strategies, launch plans, and oversee the iteration and evolution of our web products.
AT MINIMUM, YOU HAVE
- Product Manager or analogous experience on a consumer-scale web application
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5+ years of equivalent experience creating and delivering a technology product
- You care a lot about creating products that delight users, diving into details, finding creative solutions and taking responsibility for your projects
- You’ve worked with Agile or Lean Startup methodologies, and have a nuanced belief in their efficacy that’s grounded in your experience
- A strong sense of project ownership and the commitment to go the extra mile. It’s the little details that separate good from great.
- The interpersonal skills required to navigate a multiple-stakeholder environment as part of a cross-functional team. You know how to get buy-in from all levels.
- Unshakable integrity. You will have access to proprietary information and must always put the community before yourself.
- The forethought to thoughtfully escalate problem areas in advance. You aren’t afraid to ask for help early, and we won’t penalize you for raising concerns.
- A wealth of clever ideas to remove or work around project blockers. You believe process is important, but not at the expense of results.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- An active Twitch presence as a broadcaster, moderator, chatter, or lurker. We’re partial to folks who genuinely love our product.
- A native grasp of esports culture and lingo. We strive to build authentic experiences for our discerning customers.
- A network of esports and general gaming connections. Some of our best ideas come from our friends. We’d love for you to bring some to the party.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Corporate gym membership
- Flexible time off policy
- Opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top-of-the-line technology to help you build your own workspace
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and twice a week hearty breakfasts)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Commuter Benefits
- Weekly happy hours
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top