Engineering Manager - Web Player
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment, and video is at the very core of that vision. Twitch’s Video Playback Engineering team is looking for a strong leader to own and lead the video playback client and frontend services on the web . You will lead a talented team of front-end engineers. You will be helping shape the future of the Twitch playback experience used by millions of users across desktop, mobile and TV web clients.
If you are passionate about media streaming, obsessed about enabling awesome video viewer experiences and want to participate in building and scaling the largest live video system, then this position is for you. You will work with an extremely talented and accomplished team in the video space. You will gain an in-depth end to end knowledge on a very highly scalable live video streaming platform.
Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You will work closely with the individual contributors on your team, as well as data science, product management, program management, design, engineering and business leadership to deliver well-engineered products that delight customers. In addition, you will bring experience to refine development processes and motivate top talent to do their best work.
- Maintain and evolve client frontend video platform on the web, ensuring strong execution of the roadmap
- Prioritize the quality and reliability of the client platform, automating testing and deployment
- Collaborate on player roadmap and vision. Represent your team in engineering, design and product discussions
- Grow and retain the team. Help with their career goals. Set up efficient processes and maintain a high productive development environment for the team
- Collaborate with video internal and external customers and stakeholders and help them succeed with video playback with their apps
- Minimum 5 years of development experience and 2 years of engineering leadership experience
- Must have shipped and maintained production consumer facing web based applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to hire great talent
- Customer obsession to enable great viewing experiences with video
- Experience building video clients specially on the web
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top