Engineering Manager - Developer Success
Twitch Developer Success seeks an Engineering Manager to lead a talented product engineering team.
You will use your experience and leadership to align with Product Management, drive technical direction, and ensure that developer-facing projects with complex components are delivered quickly and with quality. You will work closely with the individual contributors on your teams, as well as data science, devops and business leadership to deliver well engineered products that delight customers and meet the test of cutting edge engineering craftsmanship. In addition, you will bring experience to refine development process and motivate top talent to do their best work.
The Developer Success team helps creators, from the world’s top game companies to amazing indie teams, present their products to viewers who may like them, engage with their existing users, and find innovative new ways to generate revenue. With your help we will delight developers and shape the landscape of the gaming industry.
- Manage a talented engineering team
- Work with leadership to identify and hire the best talent
- Collaborate on road maps for product launch and growth
- Work across technical and product teams to help define and prioritize requirements
- Align with, and advocate into the team, product direction as established by the PM
- Recommend and manage high quality product development processes
- Help establish estimates and work required, and tracking of work
- Help facilitate and/or make key technical decisions
- Constructively work to challenging schedule objectives, with high morale
- Advise PM on tech options that might impact product direction
- Collaborate with UX, data science and others to assure smooth work integration
- Reach out to peer groups, resolve tech issues, and help gain buy-in with high credibility
- Demonstrated ability to hire great talent
- Ability to manage engineering teams tackling complex tasks
- Excellent ability to communicate requirement, features, status, challenges, risks, etc.
- Proven engineering leadership track record
- Ability to adjust gracefully to changing situations, keeping team aligned and focused
- You’ve shipped successful products balancing excellence and time to market.
- Proven track record using Agile development methodologies
- Comfort with AWS cloud technologies
- Ability to work with and lead US-based remote team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Bonus: You’ve worked on teams from near-zero, found it fun, and want to do it again.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at: http://twitch.tv
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top