Engineering Manager - 3rd Party API
As the development manager for the Twitch API, you will have technical ownership of critical components the customer experience for all Twitch powered applications. The design of the Twitch API, technical interfaces, data modeling and API security are all things you care about. You'll lead a talented and nimble team of engineers to create innovative ways to maintain a high velocity delivery of features from our product roadmap. You will also work together closely with product teams within Twitch to help bring their products to the Developer Community, extending the product integration points for Twitch.
Responsibilities include direct management of 4+ engineers, process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. The Twitch API requires a highly available system, with strong a SLA and developer friendly designs. The successful candidate has thoughtful opinions on what makes a good Developer experience, API design, and API security.
You will work closely with the individual contributors on your team, as well as data science, product management across all of Twitch, product marketing, and business leadership to deliver well-engineered products that delight customers and meet the test of cutting-edge engineering craftsmanship. In addition, you will bring experience to refine development processes and motivate top talent to do their bestwork.
- Create the next version of the public Twitch API
- Advise internal Twitch teams on how to release APIs for their own product success
- Manage a team of developers delivering high quality API interfaces, while maintaining an industry standard SLA
- Hire and scale the engineering team
- Hands on Engineering Management
- Technical vision for Twitch API interfaces to the community
- Empathy for our Developer Community
- Experience with high SLA services, best practices around testing and verification
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- OAuth knowledge and design
- Developer Relations experience, participating in Forums
- Product vision for Twitch API driven experiences
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top