Engineering Intern (Summer 2019)
We deal with some of the most challenging problems in the industry. Our scale and speed of our growth forces us to experiment with techniques and technologies only the very biggest websites ever need to use. If you would like to work in a challenging engineering environment where every new project is a learning opportunity, you've come to the right place.
As an intern, you'll be thrown in the deep end of the pool. You'll own a capstone project from start to finish and find the support of a a dedicated Mentor and a Program Manager. You'll also participate in dedicated leadership development curriculum and gain industry knowledge from top Twitch executives in dedicated fireside chats. Add to this cohort trips, service opportunities, resume workshops, and housing (yes housing!) and you've got a packed summer.
Deadline: December 13, 2018, mindnight PDT
- Contribute to product design and implementation discussions
- Push the envelope on speed to implement projects from the idea phase to production
- Test and iterate code before and after production release
- Completed Sophomore year of college
- Major in Computer Science or related field
- Capable of thinking through a problem and presenting a reasonable solution
- Implementing the solution reliably and quickly
- Can pick up a new language, and be productive with it in a week
- Likes to work collaboratively and can communicate well in a team environment
- Sense of humor
- You know Linux. You wouldn’t shy away from someone suggesting you spend a few hours digging around /proc to see if you can squeeze a bit more performance out of the tcp stack.
- You've written an iPhone app that we can go download on our phones right now. Ditto Android, Palm Pre, or even Windows Mobile.
- You don't just use open source, you've contributed bug fixes or features back. Or even better, you have your own project.
- Housing & competitive stipend provided
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
- Flexible PTO
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top