Distributed Systems Engineer
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment, and video is at the very core of that vision. If you eat thundering-herd problems for breakfast, if you think handling data by the terabit per second sounds cool, and if you've ever asked yourself 'but what if we lose a second backbone link?' then we want you to come help scale our system another order of magnitude. You will get to join an awesome team working on solving massive and difficult problems over a large array of domains: from distributed real-time load balancing, to protocol-aware reverse proxies, to distributed job scheduling, or figuring out how to safely max out 20 Gb NICs while ensuring high quality of service.
- Work on an large-scale, in-production, distributed load balancing system, and on a low-level highly optimized video server (and lots of things in-between). We move fast and are all full-stack engineers, and are open to using new and interesting tools
- Develop capacity and monitoring plans for the services you write
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment)
- Collaborate across the company to define, design and build and improve critical video systems
- Tackle complex problems in distributed computing, fault tolerant storage, distributed queuing, and more
- Experience building and scaling distributed, highly available systems
- You know how to ship code in fast, iterative cycles
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Excellent command of at least one programming language
- Ability to learn new languages (we mainly use Go, Python and C++) and technologies quickly
- A Bachelors or preferably Masters degree in Computer Science, or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- You know Go and have used it in production ready systems.
- Start-up experience
- Notable contributions to open source software projects. Send us a link to your contributions.
- You’ve built brilliant APIs/interfaces that other programmers love to use.
- You've written a Linux kernel module, distributed storage system, or software load balancer.
- Deep understanding of network programming
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top