Director of IT
At Twitch, we’re growing fast and place a high value on community, both on our site and in our workplace. Amidst our growth, we’re working diligently to maintain the integrity of our inviting, tight-knit community. We are looking for an experienced, customer-oriented Director of IT to build a technology strategy and capability to the organization to deliver business performance through secure, streamlined and innovative technologies, platforms and processes.
- Develop and extend Twitch’s IT strategy in line with Corporate and Business strategic goals.
- Ensure appropriate governance, prioritization and utilization of Twitch’s IT investments, utilizing Program Management structures and disciplines.
- Ensure secure business operations through analysis and mitigation of risks in projects and business continuity planning.
- Work with key stakesholders--security, legal, etc--to develop a comprehensive Corporate IT governance program.
- Deliver solutions to ensure productivity across all of Twitch’s global offices and remote employees.
- Ensure accessibility and integrity of data and information to inform both strategic and operational decisions across the business.
- Optimize costs of services through a mix of internal and external resources, developing strategic service provider relationship as appropriate.
- Hire, develop and manage cross-functional teams and leaders in software engineering, IT, network engineering, etc.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience, with at least 3 years of experience as a 2nd-level-plus manager.
- Experience building an org to support multiple location across the globe.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a company wide corporate technology strategy and execute on it.
- Proven financial and resource management skills, with a track record of successfully reducing operational costs and increasing efficiency and profitability within the IT function.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Leadership skills, with an ability to influence and engage key stakeholders across the organization.
- Enterprise-wide project management capability, ensuring the governance and risk-management of large-scale investment, including delivery of committed benefits.
- Engineering background a plus.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter Beneftis
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top