Twitch Developer Success seeks a Director of Engineering to lead our talented product engineering teams.
You will use your experience building effective organizations, and scalable processes, to help scale engineering and ensure that developer-facing projects with complex components are delivered quickly and with quality. You will work closely with the individual contributors and managers on your teams, as well as product, data science, devops and business leadership to deliver well engineered products that delight customers and meet the test of cutting edge engineering craftsmanship. In addition, you will bring veteran perspectives on technical strategy and team building best practices, selecting and motivating top talent to do their best work.
The Developer Success team helps creators, from the world’s top game companies to amazing indie teams, present their products to viewers who may like them, engage with their existing users, and find innovative new ways to generate revenue. With your help we will delight developers and shape the landscape of the gaming industry.
- Attract, retain, develop and manage top engineering talent and leaders
- Collaborate across disciplines and departments for positive, productive teamwork
- Work with product leaders to align technical vision with product and operational needs
- Lead the resolution of technical challenges, articulating schedule/risk/quality tradeoffs
- Establish and promote engineering best practices and craftsmanship
- Shape the engineering process to ensure successful, timely delivery of products
- Align teams behind company and department strategy and technical objectives
- Infuse technical teams with the values that help Twitch serve our developer customers with excellence
- Proven leadership, communication, organization and mentoring skills
- Demonstrated experience and tech arch perspectives on scalable frontend and backend technologies
- Comfort with AWS DevOps techniques
- You love the craftsmanship of code, picking the right techniques for the job
- You know how to ship code in fast, iterative cycles
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies quickly
- Ability to work with remote US team members
- Excellent communication in English
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.