Director Infrastructure Tools and Automation
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. Twitch is looking for a best-in-class Director of Software Development for Global Infrastructure in the Video Platform team. This team will build the tools and automation software for the Network and Datacenter Infrastructure as well as Business Intelligence. The Director will be responsible for building out a software development organization, including engineers and Managers. The engineers within your team are instrumental in allowing us to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation network and server infrastructure, and to discover innovative ways to automate and scale our infrastructure as we expand globally.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, and has significant experience supporting large scale infrastructure projects. The ideal candidate will have spent at least 5 years as a hands-on engineer solving hard tooling or scaling problems horizontally, and a minimum of 5 years in increasing leadership responsibilities with a demonstrable record of employee development.
- Attract, retain, and develop top software engineers
- Train and develop management as well as technical leaders within your group
- Build long standing relationships with infrastructure and software teams to ensure alignment
- Assist your teams in developing roadmaps for tooling and automation growth, then identify, plan, and execute projects to support that growth
- Resolve tooling roadblocks to accelerate infrastructure and product groups development
- Represent your team to senior leadership and other groups to build a challenging vision and ensure you have the resources to deliver it
- Work closely with the Network, Datacenter, and Business Operations Teams to develop roadmaps and timelines
- Define a vision for excellence at Twitch for your teams, and then deliver on it
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; this role will require the creation of content such as white papers, presentations, project plans, and other written deliverables
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Hands on management experience building engineering teams and scaling organizations to deliver and maintain complex systems
- Proven experience managing and developing software engineering managers
- Strong background in developing integrated infrastructure tool sets such as network monitoring, server monitoring, DCIM, CMDB, Asset Tracking/Management and application service monitoring
- 5+ years of Software Development Management
- Experience in AWS Services
- Experience in Go
- Have written tools that leverage BGP, OSPF, MPLS and other protocols
- Prior experience working in a consumer facing start-up
- Business tools experience, such as integration with ServiceNow, Netsuite, Salesforce, Oracle, etc.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top