Twitch seeks a talented DevOps engineer to help us create scalable infrastructure supporting thousands of developers building the next generation of games.
You have a passion for efficient operations, a deep understanding of the cloud, and a belief that resilient self healing infrastructure is its own reward. You will be in a unique position to set standards and best practices, and bring cutting edge techniques to the table.
The Developer Success team helps creators create great apps that stand out, present their products to viewers who may like them, engage with their existing users, and find innovative ways to generate revenue. With your help we will delight developers and shape the landscape of the gaming industry.
- Own the scalable app infrastructure of Developer Success
- Propose and discuss the merits of infrastructure options
- Collaborate with technical team to both identify and feedback into their requirements
- Create compelling, from-zero infrastructure setup and configuration scripting for scalable AWS-based systems
- Produce quality, innovative, debuggable, testable and maintainable scripts
- Learn new things, fail fast, and explore new cloud infrastructure territory
- You ideally have 4+ years of dev experience, and extensive operations experience
- Familiarity with major AWS systems, and ready to learn new ones quickly
- Competent in Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Familiar with Terraform and other Hashicorp products
- You understand the craftsmanship of DevOps, picking the right techniques for the job
- Demonstrated knowledge of most of the following: monitoring, alerts, logging, build/deploy, service discovery, load detection, scaling, self-healing, auto-testing, cloud security
- Ability to work with remote US team members
- Excellent communication in English
- Working knowledge of Mesos or Kubernetes
- Chaos monkey experience
- Passion for destroying a system in the secure knowledge that you can reconstitute it from nothing in a matter of minutes
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at: http://twitch.tv
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top