Deployment Engineer - EMEA
- Day to Day operational management of the planning, installation, maintenance, break/fix support and operation of server hardware and supporting infrastructure at scale.
- Ensure an amazing Twitch experience on our infrastructure while working to keep operating costs to a minimum.
- Mentoring and developing IC’s, managers and leads such that they can run daily operations with minimal supervision.
- Assisting and supporting the Twitch Infra teams as necessary with the development of new POP sites, and Origin Datacenters.
- Collaborating with Twitch engineering and Business teams around the globe to evolve and optimize processes and approaches in a consistent way to allow Twitch to scale effectively.
- Create and drive a culture of ownership, innovation, collaboration, accountability, and safety.
- Support and contribute thought leadership to the development and implementation of business practices which support the growth and ongoing management of our global footprint.
- Drive the development and implementation of toolsets and processes which support:
- Data driven operations and decision-making
- Efficient equipment installations (servers, switches, routers and storage hardware)Timely equipment repair and upgrades
- Rapid troubleshooting of issues with hardware and Linux OS
- Provide reporting and capability to manage to key metrics
- Collaborate with a wide variety of internal teams including business development, network operations and deployment/provisioning teams.
- Work on new process documents with internal teams.
- Third level education (or relevant experience) in a computer science related field
- Excellent knowledge of server hardware
- Excellent knowledge of Linux, UNIX administration
- Copper/Fiber Optic Testing/Cabling Standards
- Good networking knowledge & understanding of TCP/IP
- Excellent prioritization and time management.
- 4 + years working in a data center operations environment.
- Familiar with electrical standards, connector types, power budget calculations, AC vs. DC, single phase vs. three phase, etc.
- Familiar with data center design in relation to heat dissipation and air flow
- EMEA and international travel (50%+)
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to work independently
- Lift equipment weighing 50 lbs.
- Experience working in large data center environments
- Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure.
- Experience managing and driving complex projects to successful completion, ideally with team members in several remote locations.
- Understanding of distributed and service oriented architectures.
- Proven ability to manage customer expectations and resolve conflicts that balance client and company needs.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, etc.)
- Lunch Served Four Times a Week
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Meet Some of Twitch's Employees
Anele A.Manager, Partnerships Development
Anele works directly with signed broadcast partners to ensure that they are continually satisfied with the platform and how it's performing, to further their brands and increase their viewership.
Back to top