We're building the future of interactive entertainment. Our end game is a healthy ecosystem where gamers can make a living doing what they love. Every part of the work we do is with the goal of making Twitch ever more efficient, resilient, and responsive.
The physical care and feeding of our infrastructure is of utmost importance. With over 20 locations, and growing, there’s a lot of care and feeding required. If maintaining, deploying, and fine-tuning a worldwide infrastructure sounds interesting to you, then please read on.
- Site builds & refreshes, while meeting current quality standards
- Write, and maintain, detailed site reference documentation
- Interact with onsite staff and vendors for: hardware replacement, delivery, and/or diagnostics
- Server installation & maintenance (rack & stack, HDD, memory, CPU, RAID batteries, NICs, etc.)
- Network installation & maintenance (rack & stack, cabling, parts replacement, etc.)
- Lift equipment weighing 50 lbs.
- Travel throughout Europe and internationally 50% of the time
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to work independently
- Familiar with network cabling (types, distance limitations, testing, connectors, handling)
- Familiar with electrical & optical transceivers (SFP+, QSFP+, DAC, CFP2, DWDM)
- Familiar with server hardware and components
- Familiar with electrical standards, connector types, power budget calculations, AC vs. DC, single phase vs. three phase, etc.
- Familiar with datacenter design in relation to heat dissipation and air flow
- Passionate, meticulous, and obsessive about organized cabling
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- CCNA, JNCIA, or equivalent certification
- Ability to work with SQL databasesAbility to code in Python, or another relevant language
- Knowledge of DWDM (Ciena, MRV, and/or Infinera)
- Ability to work comfortably in a linux environment
- A competitive salary
- Restricted stock units
- Employee discounts
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Commuting benefits
- Catered meals once a week
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top