The Science team is central to data-driven decision-making at Twitch. We think of Emmett, the CEO, as Twitch’s original data scientist. Check out his thoughts on our team. Read more about our team’s recent projects at here.
We figure out the right questions to ask about our product, how to efficiently answer them, and make recommendations about what should happen next. We explore how specific product features are performing and help guide products teams in promising directions. We also have significant autonomy to design and conduct research projects about how the Twitch community and product work and help the company think about the big picture.
- Work with product leaders to design efficient experiments that help us decide what to build and whether what we built is working.
- Design statistical models that help us see into the future and predict the impact of product decisions. Communicate your results in whatever way you think will have the biggest impact
- Communicate your results to diverse audiences at Twitch with effective writing, visualizations, and presentations.
- Be a champion for high quality data-driven decision-making throughout the company by helping other teams develop good metrics and their own data analysis skills.
- Manage your own own process: identify and execute on high impact projects, triage external requests, and make sure you bring projects to conclusion in time for the results to be useful.
- Experience working with event-based product usage data in some capacity. Professional work as a Data Scientist at a web/mobile product company is preferred, but any hard or social sciences training or relevant independent projects are useful.
- Comfort with a SQL dialect, so you can extract the data you need from our Redshift cluster
- Ability to build tools and automation to clean, transform, and merge your own data in a procedural language like Python, Julia, or R
- You can teach us something new! We love to hire people who are way more knowledgeable than us in some area and can be good teachers and mentors.
- You have experience building and testing your own user-facing projects and have intuition about both user behavior and product design.
- You already know a lot about online communities, games, or Twitch.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Back to top