- Work with product leaders to design efficient experiments that help us decide what to build and whether what we built is working.
- Design statistical models that help us see into the future and predict the impact of product decisions. Communicate your results in whatever way you think will have the biggest impact
- Communicate your results to diverse audiences at Twitch with effective writing, visualizations, and presentations.
- Be a champion for high quality data-driven decision-making throughout the company by helping other teams develop good metrics and their own data analysis skills.
- Manage your own own process: identify and execute on high impact projects, triage external requests, and make sure you bring projects to conclusion in time for the results to be useful.
- Experience working with event-based product usage data in some capacity. Professional work as a Data Scientist at a web/mobile product company is preferred, but any hard or social sciences training or relevant independent projects are useful.
- Comfort with a SQL dialect, so you can extract the data you need from our Redshift cluster
- Ability to build tools and automation to clean, transform, and merge your own data in a procedural language like Python, Julia, or R
- You can teach us something new! We love to hire people who are way more knowledgeable than us in some area and can be good teachers and mentors.
- You have experience building and testing your own user-facing projects and have intuition about both user behavior and product design.
- You already know a lot about online communities, games, or Twitch.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Meet Some of Twitch's Employees
Daniel discovers techniques that influence every aspect of product planning and market prediction, from consumer need to company cost and ultimate value, all through data science research.
Back to top