Data Reliability Engineer
- Work closely with engineering teams to build tools, applications, and services that improve our ability to ship reliable and high performance services quickly.
- Bring ideas to life to help make the lives of engineers better.
- Measure everything, predict outcomes, and proactively work to mitigate failures and subpar performance.
- Understand complex systems, and identify bottlenecks and performance issues in existing architecture.
- Advocate and implement reliable design patterns (high availability, graceful degradation, correct alerting, SPoF mitigation).
Relevant skills and experience
- 5+ experience writing maintainable, production-ready code in a modern language, and enthusiasm for learning the best tool for the job. We typically use Go or Python.
- You know how engineering works in the real world and have experience shipping and maintaining what you ship.
- Hands on experience using or scaling RDBMS data stores. You understand the pros and cons of using ACID databases and other data stores.
- Experience working in a service-oriented or microservices architecture.
- Experience building large, fault-tolerant, scalable systems.
- Knowledge of AWS services.
- We write and text chat a lot. Good writing skills are important, as is the ability to line up the impact of your communication with your intention.
- You work with integrity, earning the respect of both engineers and non-technical contributors.
- A sense of humor always helps.
- We abide by the “no asshole” rule.
- Open source contributions to large data scaling projects such as Kafka, Cassandra, PostgreSQL.
- Fundamentals of distributed programming (CAP, Ordering, Consensus).
- Experience with TDD and Agile methodology.
Meet Some of Twitch's Employees
Daniel discovers techniques that influence every aspect of product planning and market prediction, from consumer need to company cost and ultimate value, all through data science research.
Back to top