Data Infrastructure Technical Program Manager
Data is central to Twitch’s decision-making processes, and the Data Infrastructure team builds and operates the real-time behavioral data pipeline and batch data systems that collect, store, analyze, and distribute data. As our TPM, you would help us drive company-wide initiatives to improve how we produce, use, and analyze data.
Our team sits between data producers and consumers, which means we interact with tens of teams and hundreds of kinds of data. You will help us manage that complexity by recognizing, planning, and driving change to address the cross-cutting problems in our data ecosystem. Communication, goal setting, measuring progress, managing dependencies, and clearing blockers will be key to your success.
- Deliver high impact, cross-team programs related to data and data infrastructure.
- Partner with other engineering teams to drive data programs that are secondary to their primary focus area but important to their long-term success.
- Drive strategic cross-functional planning, leading discovery and prioritization by closely partnering with engineering leads to develop program plans, including roadmap, dependency identifications and resourcing plans.
- Establish and drive adoption of tools and best practices. Share your program management knowledge with engineering leadership teams. Lead post-program analysis to guide future programs.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to executive management on the plans, status and critical issues. Escalate urgent issues appropriately and driving them to closure in a timely manner.
- 5+ years experience as a technical program manager, engineering lead, engineering manager, product manager, or equivalent in software development organizations.
- 3+ years experience as a technical program manager in software development organizations.
- 1+ years experience writing executive communications.
- 1+ years experience working with agile methods.
- 1+ years using SQL for basic data analysis.
- BS or MS degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with data or statistics.
- Experience with the cloud ecosystem, especially big data and NoSQL technologies.
- Avid Twitch user.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament a year
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top