Data Analyst - Operational Excellence
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
Data is central to Twitch’s decision-making process, and analysts are a critical component to evangelize data-driven decision making in all of our operations. As an analyst at Twitch, you will be in on the ground floor with the Operational Excellence team, shaping the way we measure and improve operational and engineering best practices and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business. You will lead the way for high quality, high velocity decisions for Twitch’s growing development and operations teams.
For this role, we’re looking for an experienced data analyst who will assist Operational Excellence senior leadership and engineering with business and product analysis. You will define core KPIs, help plan Operational Excellence program expansion, and ensure the impact from major service changes are well understood. Working directly with senior leadership, you will be responsible for guiding the team's thought process when it comes to using data to direct both business and high-leverage tools investment efforts.
- Efficiently prioritize to supplement day-to-day operations with data and processes that scale -- provide teams with ad-hoc analysis, automated reports and dashboards, and self-service reporting tools that accurately reflect the health of their products and help them track their progress towards their goals.
- Partner with engineering to build the foundation and technical framework to maximize efficacy of video tools by solidifying tracking infrastructure and automation.
- Have an opinion and standardize delivery of evidence to support product decisions around goals, metrics and product performance.
- Maintain a culture of high quality output and exceptional customer service: effectively communicate at all levels, ensure that work gets done well and on time, respond effectively to unexpected obstacles and reallocate resources as necessary.
- Identify opportunities for developing new data sources, and provide technical leadership around making those data sources high quality and broadly available.
- Champion data-driven decision-making in your team and throughout the company.
- 2+ years of engineering, analysis, statistics, product operations or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional SQL skills. Your ability to tap into our data pipeline will be the key to your success.
- Good understanding of data structures and pipelines. Experience with data instrumentation, interpretation and visualization tools (Mode, Tableau).
- Fluency in data analysis, including experimentation, data visualization, defining KPIs, and communication around data to inform the success of the business and its features.
- Able to build and iterate tools and web-based dashboards to make access to data easy for decision makers across the company.
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills. Able to navigate between multiple projects, meet deadlines, and process ad hoc requests.
- Experience in data engineering
- Golang, Python experience
- Passion for video gaming and Twitch
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top