Business Leader - VoD
Twitch is looking for a savvy business leader with an entrepreneurial spirit to lead the Video on Demand product development team at Twitch. This individual will serve as a general manager, as well as a business and marketing leader for our team, and will help to define and execute vision, strategy, and day-to-day operations.
Twitch Video on Demand is a newer organization that is exploring ways to develop Video on Demand products for content creators looking for a new and differentiated experience around building communities and making social connections. As a business leader you will be exploring ways to develop and drive business for new and existing content creators via our current and emerging catalogue of products. As a general manger you will be in charge of resource allocation, goal setting, key performance indicators, and product launches. As a business product leader, you will look for opportunities to drive more value within your product area, and collaborate with other business leaders to find cross product opportunities for our content creators and their communities.
The ideal candidate will possess a business background that enables them to drive product engagement as well as interact at the executive stakeholder level. In addition they will also possess a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers, product managers, technical program managers, and designers. A management background which enables them to build a high functioning and results-driven organization is also a must.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges. They will also demonstrate the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
- P&L Responsibility: Ownership of the business performance of Video on Demand products with shared accountability for the full Video on Demand business. The candidate will be responsible for tracking, forecasting and reporting upon performance and helping to set aggressive business goals during the planning process.
- Serve as the head of the Twitch Video on Demand product team focused on helping to drive the Twitch Video on Demand opportunities and collaborate on product strategy to achieve goals.
- Define a business plan and goals for your products and ensure it is in line with the Twitch Broadcaster Success strategic direction.
- Execute the business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. finance, business operations,, customer service teams, legal, etc.).
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Content Acquisition, Developer Success, etc.) to identify specific opportunities, understand customer needs, develop strategy, drive customer adoption, and define product KPIs and success criteria.
- Work closely with our customers to ensure they are successful using our products and services.
- Understand your customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to executing on the strategic vision.
- Oversee complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
- Develop long-term strategic plans for international expansion through shared vision and cross functional coordination across the company (payments, content acquisition, tax, legal, advertising, etc)
- Use strong data analysis skills, including the ability to work with technical analysts to make sure the right data is being collected to answer the right questions. Data visualization and presentation skills are a must.
- The right person will be technical, analytical, and critical in their thinking as well as possess significant business development, user-generated content, or program/product management experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key.
- Experience working within the digital media and user-generated content industries is highly desired.
- MBA and Engineering backgrounds highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top