Business Leader - Subscriptions
Twitch is looking for a savvy business leader with an entrepreneurial spirit to lead a new Commerce business at Twitch. This individual will serve as the business and marketing leader for our team and will help to define and execute the vision, strategy and day-to-day tactics that we employ to maximize the performance of the business.
Twitch Commerce is a new organization that is exploring ways to develop paid products that brings deeper value to our broadcasters and viewers. As a business leader you will be exploring ways to develop and drive business for existing products like channel subscriptions and our new virtual good service, Cheering with Bits, as well as emerging products currently in development. As a business category leader, you will look for opportunities to drive more value within your category, and collaborate with other business leaders to find cross category opportunities for our content creators, viewers, game developers and esports partners.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive engagement and interact at the executive stakeholder level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers, product managers and designers.
He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
- P&L Responsibility: Ownership of the business performance for a single channel of Commerce categories with shared accountability for the full Commerce business. The candidate will be responsible for tracking, forecasting and reporting upon performance and helping to set aggressive business goals during the planning process.
- Serve as a key member of the Twitch Commerce team focused on helping to drive the Twitch Commerce opportunities and collaborate on product strategy to achieve goals.
- Define a business plan and goals for your channel and ensure it is in line with the Twitch Commerce strategic direction.
- Execute the business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. finance, business operations,, customer service teams, legal, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Work closely with our customers to ensure they are successful using our products and services.
- Understand our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to executing on the strategic vision.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Develop long-term strategic plans for international expansion, not only in-channel, but also with dependencies across the organization (payment methods, tax, legal barriers, etc), and in partnership with international marketing working on expanding broadcasters and viewers internationally.
- Use strong data analysis skills, including the ability to work with technical analysts to make sure the right data is being collected to answer the right questions. Data visualization and presentation skills are a must.
- The right person will be technical and analytical, and possess significant business development, game production, or program/product management experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
- Experience working within the gaming industry is highly desired.
- MBA, Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at: http://twitch.tv
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Back to top