AV Support Engineer
How do we take millions of content creators, connect them with tens of millions of viewers, on a platform that is second to none? It starts with welcoming everyone but choosing only the best. It's the willingness to experiment to decide, and about commitment, not compliance. These are just a few of the driving principles behind the Twitch IT organization.
Twitch has an immediate opening for an AV - Support Engineer in our San Francisco office. The AV - Support Engineer oversees Collaboration and Event Support for Twitch business units and corporate offices within the US.
Additionally, the AV - Support Engineer will provide hands-on support for hardware and software on VC and AV systems.
Regular activities include Event production, systems administration and support in a variety of software and hardware environments,
The AV - Support Engineer must have an excellent understanding of Broadcast and Streaming technologies and systems (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. They must possess superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills, and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations.
Additionally they must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability. Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy required. Proven ability to operate in high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities, and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
- A history of resolving complex support issues that may not be well documented, and apply your knowledge to writing and improving support procedures.
- Demonstrated ability playing a key role in cross-functional projects.
- The ability to deploy and maintain new services.
- The ability to analyze competing projects, assess technical risk, and communicate impact leadership
- Have a strong understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Adaptability in learning and deploying new technologies.
- Industry training such as Crestron Toolbox certification and Biamp Tesira certification.
- Ability to participate in high priority projects
- CTS certification
- Project Management Experience
- Twitch Broadcast Experience
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top