Applied Scientist - Recommendations
- Design, prototype, and implement Machine Learning (ML) recommendation products, leveraging Deep Learning (DL), computer vision (CV) and Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Keep up to date with state-of-the-art ML algorithms and techniques and be able to apply them when appropriate
- Push the state-of-the-art to address Twitch’s unique requirements
- Collaborate with team members in the discovery group in an effective manner
- Interest in improving content discovery on Twitch via Recommendations
- Deep knowledge of ML algorithms and their feasibility for implementation
- Ability to apply ML theory to address Twitch viewers needs
- Hands-on experience in developing Deep Learning algorithms, and experience in using Deep Learning libraries, e.g., TensorFlow, MxNet, PyTorch, Theano, etc.
- Desire and ability to write production quality code
- MS / Ph.D. in computer science or equivalent experience
- Deep knowledge in ONE of the following areas, with either published research or publically available code of algorithms
- Recommender algorithms, e.g., collaborative filtering, content based recommendations, deep models for recommendations, etc.
- Computer Vision: large scale object detection, activity recognition, OCR, learning with few examples, etc.
- Natural Language Processing: Word/Sentence Embeddings, Topic Detection, Sentiment Analysis, Entity Extraction, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in software development via an internship, work experience, coding competitions or submissions to open source projects.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Meet Some of Twitch's Employees
Anele A.Manager, Partnerships Development
Anele works directly with signed broadcast partners to ensure that they are continually satisfied with the platform and how it's performing, to further their brands and increase their viewership.
Back to top