Application Security Engineer
Twitch is looking for a focused Application Security Engineer with a desire to play on the Blue Team. Maybe you’re a pentester who is bored of always winning; maybe you’re the local security champion within your development organization. However you got to where you are, we want one thing from you - help make Twitch’s products as safe as they can be for our partners and viewers.
In this role, you will be escorting Twitch’s products and features from ideation to deployment. You will be providing consulting to product teams looking to try new things safely. You will be reviewing critical passages of code for adherence to standards and safe practices. Most importantly, you will be helping to build and automate the tools that do the above for you as a force multiplier. And yes, where warranted, there’s some pentesting in it for you as well. You know, if you’re into that.
- Consult with business units on new product and feature offerings, suggesting preferred implementation patterns and identifying areas of security risk for scrutiny.
- Review implementation code of critical projects; identify security flaws and suggest remediations.
- Build, automate, and operate automated security review capabilities for Twitch including static and dynamic code analysis across multiple technology stacks and languages.
- Perform Red Team activities against critical product and features.
- Conduct and participate in Security-led war games at Twitch.
- Be a champion for security to the business units; train and instill core security values in engineers including exercising risk-based judgments and prioritizing remediation work.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technology experience.
- 5 years of demonstrated application security experience.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of web protocols and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture.
- Demonstrated software development proficiency (Ruby, Python, Go, Java, Obj-C/Swift).
- Comprehension of algorithms and processes for programmatic automation via scripting or programming languages (Python, Ruby, shell, perl, etc.).
- Well-rounded background in host, network and application security.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic environment.
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
- MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or 8+ years of equivalent technology experience.
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills.
- Extensive knowledge of internet security issues and threat landscape.
- Independent project management capability.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top