Application Security Engineer
- Consult with business units and perform threat modeling on new and existing products and features to help guide security activities, suggesting preferred implementation patterns and identifying areas of security risk for scrutiny.
- Review implementation code and perform Red Team activities on critical products and features; identify security flaws and suggest remediations.
- Build, automate, and operate security review capabilities for Twitch, such as static and dynamic code analysis across multiple technology stacks and languages.
- Handle external reports of security vulnerabilities, guiding remediation and making decisions on bug bounties.
- Be a champion for security to the business units; train and instill core security values in engineers including exercising risk-based judgments and prioritizing remediation work.
- Participate in the development of security standards, preferred implementation patterns, secure common frameworks, and developer documentation and education materials.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technology experience.
- 3 years of demonstrated application security experience
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of web protocols and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture.
- Demonstrated software development proficiency (Go, Ruby, Python, Java, C#, Obj-C/Swift)
- Comprehension of algorithms and processes for programmatic automation via scripting or programming languages (Python, Ruby, shell, perl, etc.).
- Well-rounded background in host, network and application security
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic environment.
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business
- MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or 5+ years of equivalent technology experience.
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills.
- Background in devops on AWS platforms and services.
- Extensive knowledge of internet security issues and threat landscape
- Independent project management capability
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Meet Some of Twitch's Employees
Daniel discovers techniques that influence every aspect of product planning and market prediction, from consumer need to company cost and ultimate value, all through data science research.
Back to top