See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Workplace Operations Lead
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the Job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Workplace Operations Lead in Bogota, Columbia. This individual will be in a hands-on role leading office operations. We’re looking for a hard-working, motivated, multi-lingual (Spanish, English required and Portuguese recommended) and experienced lead who will deliver a best-in-class workplace environment and customer service to our Twilions.
In this Role you will:
- Be responsible for all operations vendor relations and vendor management
- Manage the quality of the service we provide, including: food service, maintenance services, shipping/receiving and janitorial services
- Support employee experience and event set-up through workplace approval documentation as needed.
- Create purchase orders and track spend, identifying efficiencies and cost saving opportunities
- Respond quickly to operational direction during real-time situation/problem management
- Effectively communicate and build strong partnerships with all Twilions - stakeholders, peers, business partners, leadership team
- Build and leverage cross functional partnerships and relationships by effectively communicating and build strong partnerships with all Twilions - stakeholders, peers, business partners, leadership team
- Some Project Management experience preferred
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of workplace office management/coordination experience.
- Bi-lingual Spanish and English required and Portuguese recommended.
- Ability to think objectively, understand and analyze a situation while making swift decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high emotional intelligence.
- Creative problem solver who thinks creatively and can develop innovative solutions.
- Resourceful time management and prioritization.
- Proven track record of successful vendor management.
- Strong background and experience with budget tracking and management.
- Passion for delivering best-in-class customer service and delivering an exceptional workplace experience every single day.
- Proficiency in working with ambiguous requirements and taking smart risks.
- Some College.
This role will be based in our Bogota, Colombia office onsite required.
Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.