VP of Sales Strategy & Analytics
- San Francisco, CA
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
We are looking for a leader for operations across all revenue-oriented functions at Twilio, with an emphasis on Sales. You will tackle high priority initiatives critical to scaling Twilio from $1B to $5B and beyond, including go-to-market strategy, metrics, processes, and operations. As the leader, you will have an incredible opportunity to have a major impact on a fast-growing company disrupting software and communications.
The leader also must have strong communications and organizational influence skills and will be able to partner effectively with other groups in the company including Marketing, Finance, and R&D. The right candidate will have a proven track record of systematically improving operational effectiveness over time. The position will report to our Vice President of GTM Operations.
Twilio is looking for the rare leader who lives the Twilio Magic and is able to combine strategic, analytical, big-picture thinking with the ability to drive detailed, operational excellence. This leader must have relevant experience in high-growth and high-scale software, cloud, and/or communications environments, yet also able to solve new, complex problems from first principles. The right candidate must have a proven track record in building, and managing a world-class global sales or field operations team, with strong domain knowledge around sales process and metrics.
They also have:
- Partner with other executives to formulate and communicate overall go-to-market strategy, both direct and indirect
- Provision of required reporting, analytics and business intelligence for all revenue-oriented and customer facing functions (sales, alliances, customer success)
- Own sales planning, metrics, processes, territories, quota allocation, and productivity.
- Drive a high-quality, accurate, sales forecasting cadence globally
- Work with other teams to ensure the right sales enablement for both new hires and existing customer-facing employees.
- Create presentations to communicate strategy and operational progress
- Proactively Identify and drive continuous improvements in operational processes and practices across go-to-market and the broader Twilio organization.
- Field communication including both digital as well as in-person all hands and town halls
- Drive visible strategic projects partnering with senior leaders within Twilio – such as developing new commercialization models for new products, customer funnel conversion analysis, annual strategy and operational planning processes.
- Partner with Finance to ensure a single source of truth for metrics across Twilio
- Ensure the rest of the organization is aligned with go-to-market
- Demonstrate the ability to influence outcomes and decisions (not just report on analytics).
- Champion efforts across the organization to improve team effectiveness and contribute to making Twilio a great place to work.
- 10+ years of work experience in sales operations, analytics & planning experience, managing and growing teams; demonstrated ability recruit top talent and managing team growth
- Experience working in high-growth, performance-focused environments.
- Track record of increasing top line revenue and margins
- Demonstrated experience in hiring, managing, developing and retaining professionals at all levels.
- Deep interest in analyzing data and the ability to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making
- Demonstrated experience in software and/or communications, in both high-growth and high-scale environments.
- Demonstrated success managing operations globally, especially in all major software markets.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with executive-level stakeholders to drive change across multiple business sectors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; proven experience articulating sales & business operations and strategy related concepts to all audiences, including C-level executives and the Board.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; proven ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical contributors, management and executive leadership.
- Exceptional ability to problem-solve individually or in a group setting and understand key financial drivers of the business
- Ability to shift priorities quickly, while maintaining a high degree of organization and control
Twilio’s Sales Strategy & Analytics teams play a critical role in defining and driving strategy, analytics, and operational excellence across all revenue-oriented and customer-facing functions. These functions include global Sales, Services, and Partners. Sales Strategy & Analytics delivers both the thought partnership and operational support essential to enable Twilio to scale its growth and innovation in a fast-moving technology environment.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Back to top