VP of Messaging
About the Job:
Twilio is more than just an API - it’s a communications platform that empowers builders and developers with the building blocks they need to innovate. As the VP of Messaging, you will will be responsible for Twilio’s messaging business. Messaging is transforming how businesses and customers communicate with each other and Twilio is at the forefront of that transformation. With customers in every industry like retail (Nordstrom, Macy’s), finance (Morgan Stanley, ING), transportation (Uber, Lyft), and hospitality (AirBnB, OpenRent), Twilio messaging is changing how every company talks to their customers. As the leader of our messaging business you will be responsible for over $100 Million in annual revenues including Twilio’s Programmable SMS and Channel products lines.
- Manage, build, and develop cross-functional product teams. Responsible for building and operating services that support over 1.6 million developers.
- Lead the strategy, planning, and execution of the team to meet customer demand.
- Maintain strong relationships with key customers, partner, and vendors.
- Promote a positive work environment; select and train new team members; continuously provide feedback, mentoring, and coaching to existing team members.
- Responsible for P&L for significant portion of the company's revenue.
- Own product roadmap that delivers products and features that will help drive revenue growth.
- Wear the Customer’s shoes. Collaborate with customers to define new platform capabilities and solutions.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, support, finance, engineering, etc) to identify accurate go-to-market strategies which include product plans, pricing frameworks.
- You have 15+ years of hands on product and/or engineering management experience.
- Experience managing teams of 40+ people.
- High-growth technology company experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing a meaningful P&L.
- Highly analytical with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their quantitative implications.
- Thinks critically and objectively; has excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands.
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, comfortable with ambiguity.
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent.
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance - be an owner.
- Experience with meeting (and exceeding) business targets such as revenue, pipeline, growth, etc.
- Proven experience in building and launching complex platforms at scale.
- Extensive experience providing product direction to meet customer needs.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
Back to top