Twilio is looking for a Customer Support Training Specialist for our talented and dedicated Customer Support team. As the Training Specialist, you are a driven self-starter, recognize and act on training and knowledge gaps, and have a deep passion and point of view for teaching people the ins and outs of the cloud communications platform. This position embodies Twilio’s nine-values to the highest level. If you find those values exciting and are ready build something amazing that supports our team to support our customers, read on.
About the job:
- This role will be responsible for driving learning across the support team and cross-functional departments for self-serve and instructor led training via a learning management system and live events.
- Create scalable training to bring new hires up to speed on products, support techniques, and update documentation.
- Be proactive in maintaining knowledge through content updates and live trainings by establishing proper knowledge cadence.
- Customer service and must be able to work cross-functionally with SMEs and specialists create engaging and comprehensive content for our agents and other company stakeholders.
- Create a certification and assignment programs for products and internal processes.
- Work with other documentation departments to create content for distributing to agents and company partners.
- Successful candidates will have a strong understanding of training best practices, excellent written and speaking language skills, media experience (audio, video), and presentation skills in a rapidly growing company and product line.
- Evaluate existing training resources and improve on our scalable system to inform and educate the Customer Support team using presentations, written, audio, and video deliverables.
- Administer our Learning Management System for support and other departments who host content on it.
- Onboard new Customer Support agents to Support process, procedures, and responsibilities.
- Work closely with Product Support Specialists and other departments to create and update training materials as well as delegate and develop training with technical experts.
- Organize yearly, week-long training summit for the support team
- Develop training certification plan to gauge agent readiness for product knowledge and job responsibilities.
- Scale to a global level across multiple regions, languages, and timezones.
- 5 years in a training role
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Media skills for audio, video, and presentations and editing
- Public speaking experience
- Learning Management System administration experience and SCORM
- Expertise in Storyline 360 and/or Adobe Captivate.
- Familiarity with running ILT in person and over teleconference
- Strong analytics skills to recognize gaps and improvements of agent knowledge and training opportunities.
- Loves being part of a company culture that wildly embraces diversity.
- Customer Support experience
- Understanding of coding, API, and telecom
- Have examples of work
- Experience with Atlassian products such as Confluence and JIRA
- Checking things off your task list gives you a buzz.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top