Test Engineer - Billing & Payments Infrastructure
We're seeking engineers to join Twilio's Billing & Payments Infrastructure team and help build the best telecommunications API on the planet.
About the Job:
- This role is focused on raising the bar for software quality on the realtime fire-hose of Twilio's billing system.
- Successful candidates will be strong developers with experience in building test frameworks, continuous delivery tools, and getting hands-on with development lifecycle.
- End-to-end ownership of the testing processes & frameworks for our micro-transaction system.
- Work directly with team leadership to define and maintain the roadmap for quality projects.
- Take initiative about improving overall developer experience of the team's internal testing tools.
- Write quality, maintainable code in Scala & Python with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment.
- Partner with Technical Lead in making sound architectural changes.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years in industry as a engineer in test on mission critical systems, billing systems, marketplaces, or other relevant experience.
- Strong background in HTTP, networking, and security.
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- Deductive reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative.
- You have rolled out test-driven development to your team.
- You prevent incidents with testing.
- You know when to fail-close vs. fail-open.
- You have opinions about bankers rounding below the penny.
- You know what a sub-ledger is.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top